Thursday 23 October 2008

Two bankrupt web bureaus under my belt...

It seems luck is not on my side when it comes to web companies. I FINALLY got hold of one of the guys doing my website and their sub-contractor (in India!) responsible for all the coding, has declared bankruptcy. So somehow they are next in line.....

These guys are young (20+?) and inexperienced. They have been far from good with the customer contact but they know their stuff and I know two others who have been happy with their work. I felt sorry for them, especially the one I spoke to, it is a huge responsibility.

So, where does that leave me?
Well, they have done the design, not complete but we have worked a lot on the structure, and that they can give to me. And I'll be invoiced for it I imagine. But I need someone to do the coding. They were using Drupal, a publishing system but I think I want to abandon that and go back to the idea of using Joomla - there are a lot more people working with it.

But I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has any, email me .....
(nics newest at yahoo dot com)

No comments:

Post a Comment