Friday 17 October 2008

A Modern Day Beauty Pageant?

Ok I have to remind myself that it is VeckoRevyn that are behind the Blog Awards, a fairly trashy fashion magazine aimed at the young, but really, you only have to have a quick look through the list of last night's winners to see that 90% of them are young with very long blonde hair!!!


It says so much about Swedish culture, the culture of the media, the ritzy life of the rich and famous, of the youth and of those born in the 80s, and 90s. It says so much about the future. So much in fact, that I'm not even going to go there!!!

But it would be fun to be at university doing some sort of study/research/analysis/hypothesis/thesis of the whole thing - what a gold mine!

Call me old fashioned, call me too serious, call me anything you like, but isn't it time for some Blog Awards with a little more depth?

2 comments:

  1. global voices online is a very good point of start for blogs with a little more depth...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to be flippant and tell you to dye your hair!!

    I cant read the link you posted but your comments dont just apply to these particular 'blog awards' - I think this sort of thing happens in lots of cases.... and has for longer than blogs have been around...

    I actually cant even believe there is such a thing as 'blog' awards (so perhaps I am even more old fashioned!)

    ReplyDelete