Friday 13 June 2008

Dena & Forever Young

After getting a reminder yesterday from Shenet about their mingle with an IT and webshop focus, I shot off an email to a couple of the girls in Våga Språnget thinking that it would be something for them. It was only after I went back and read through the reminder that I saw that Dena was to be a speaker.

Chuckling at my own silliness, I decided I would go along, after all I had been meaning to go to one of their mingles for the longest time. But why didn't she tell us? I'm sure the entire group would have come along to see her!

There were a couple of speakers and then they brought the three entrepreneurs up on stage to talk about their webshops. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with how they conducted the whole thing but none-the-less it was great marketing for Dena's new website.

You can't help but like Dena, you can't help but feel her enthusiasm. She is no ordinary 25 year old, but rather a self-confident, passionate and gutsy girl of Iranian descent - and a very good looking one at that! We chatted afterwards and she shared her frustrations over the response she is getting from others. It is not totally easy to be young and to go out on a limb like she is and I suspect she is met by jealousy, curiosity and awe, as well as a whole lot of patting on the head.

She has had a lot of hiccups along the way, but it seems her site will finally open on Tuesday, the long awaited launch!

I will promote this lovely person again and again, I'm proud to be able to say I know her! Both Dena and Mimmi are a constant source of inspiration for me, somehow their courage gives me courage. After all, I have spent my entire life being the youngest in everything I do, now I'm happy to watch and learn from the other direction.

Make sure you check out Forever Young after Tuesday, I had a sneak preview and the site reflects her vibrancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment