Saturday 9 August 2008

The first few days

have been spent at home, and I mean at home. And after three days it at home it is time to get out of here, to be social, to go somewhere, to do something. I'm sick of cleaning up, tidying up and putting things away! The walls are closing in on me.....

I walked to the shop twice yesterday, and rode to the local bike store today - tomorrow I (we) will venture further afield, just not sure where yet.

We put Kieran's new bike together yesterday but when we went to pump up Makaila's tires they wouldn't hold the air. After much cursing, frustration and disappointment, we gave up, one by one, and the kids had to be content with just playing outside on the swings. Today I went and got a new valve and she was back on her bike - no training wheels, no handle, no nothing! I think she feels a great sense of freedom now she can ride on her own.


While she practised Ty changed the flat tire, that neither our house-guests nor our neighbours had been able to get off. Christian did the trick and sprayed some stuff on
When I went out to get a new tire valve today I got the nicest surprise - the guy handed me a new one and said - here this was floating around and we don't get much demand for them, you can take it!! I couldn't believe it. Even in a country where customer service is hardly understood, let along considered important or implemented, there are some really nice people around - and smart ones too! I will remember their store and speak positively of them for that matter!

When I went out to get a new tire valve today I got the nicest surprise - the guy handed me a new one and said - here this was floating around and we don't get much demand for them, you can take it!! I couldn't believe it. Even in a country where customer service is hardly understood, let along considered important or implemented, there are some really nice people around - and smart ones too! I will remember their store and speak positively of them for that matter! Need a new bike? Check out www.pedalogerna.com

P.S. Got the kids to sleep by midnight tonight. Will wake them a little earlier tomorrow. Slowly does it....

No comments:

Post a Comment