Sunday 19 April 2009

Busy, busy, busy and the mind ticks away - impatient that the rest of me can't keep up...

I don't think I have been this quiet since I started my blog, that is unless we've been away in Australia or Canada.

We had a pretty good Easter, filled with friends, parks, Skansen, BBQs, sunny days and chocolate, followed by a very, very busy week.

Work was pretty full on last week as I juggled the different sides of my professional life. I went from discussing cultural implications of the English language to chatting with 11-12 year olds about spring and 14-15 year olds about suspension from school. And in between negotiating with landlords and agents like never before, all day every day. Several of my relocation clients seem to be suffering difficulties and need help sorting them out - lucky me.

Apart from the fact that my days have been long, varied and demanding leaving me with little energy to write in the evenings, I haven't really had all that much to say......unusual even for me...

I am also trying to run 4-5kms every couple of days to get my fitness level up, boost my metabolism and prepare myself for Vår Ruset. That coupled with my attempt to stay away from the sugar and the carbs keeps me busy on the home front - summer is on its way!!

My mind is also too busy thinking about my website and wanting the chance to work with it, about wanting to find someone to bring into the project (or several), about the seminars that I want to get out and sell, and about some of the big things on my "To Do" list, about the summer holidays coming up with my mother and my mother-in-law - who will meet for the first time. The mind is ticking too much to even be able to absorb what is going on around me. I flick through the newspaper and think "wow, that's interesting" and put it aside.

But my busy week is behind me, the conflict is sorted out and I have a little more space this week to take control over that "To Do" list. Hopefully I will get a little more space in my head to get back into writing.

Until then, have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. You will sort it out! Good luck with the vårruset, I´m impressed.

    Love Klara

    ReplyDelete