Monday 16 February 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Well, middle-age - here I am!
Hit the big 40 on Saturday which is why I have not had a chance to blog the last couple of days. We had a great party at home with a 60s, 70s or 80s dress and music theme - lots of fun!Not only did I get some really lovely pressies but some friends also made very generous donations to the Australian Bushfire Appeal, in lieu of a present.

So far over AUD 80 million (over 444 mil SEK or 52 mil USD) has been donated as Victorians continue to struggle, fighting fires and fighting to pick up the pieces. Yet as my sister put it, this damage was just two days in our history, peanuts compared to the suffering of the many people in war-torn areas around the world.

I am eternally grateful for the simple things in life - family, friends and the opportunity to celebrate what I have and where I am at!

Hooray for family, friends and celebrations - what more do we really need?!!

2 comments:

  1. Hej!!!! What a great day to check your blog!!!!
    You look really great by the way!!!
    I have contributed to the bushfires too and I am broke, (so if I can do it anyone can!!!) I contributed what I could and I encourage everyone I talk to to do the same and point them in the right direction because there are people who need our help NOW. It truly makes you grateful for what you have when you realise others losses.
    And as you have written compared to other parts of the world maybe it doesn't compare....BUT for anyone who has a connection or love for oz then this is one small way people can help.
    Also the charities running the appeals are trustworthy compared to many others in various places around the world...

    but for today, enjoy the day, have a glass or 3 of wine and relax with your family!

    Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Beautiful!

    Thanx for a lovely party.

    Klara

    ReplyDelete